Getting the Word Out on Your Books is hard for all authors. As a self-published author, you know that marketing your book is essential to its success. But with so many places to share your book online, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are some of the most popular places to share your self-published book and increase your sales:
- Amazon. Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world, so it’s a great place to start selling your book. You can list your book on Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform, and it will be available for sale on Amazon’s website and in the Kindle app.
- Barnes & Noble. Barnes & Noble is another major online retailer that sells self-published books. You can list your book on Barnes & Noble’s website, and it will be available for sale in the Nook app.
- Apple Books. Apple Books is a popular ebook store that’s available on Apple devices. You can list your book on Apple Books, and it will be available for sale on Apple’s website and in the Apple Books app.
- Google Play Books. Google Play Books is a popular ebook store that’s available on Android devices. You can list your book on Google Play Books, and it will be available for sale on Google’s website and in the Google Play Books app.
- Social media. Social media is a great way to connect with potential readers and promote your book. Share your book on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms. You can also create a dedicated social media account for your book and use it to share updates, news, and promotions.
- Book blogs and Podcasts. Book blogs are a great way to get your book in front of potential readers. Look for book blogs that review books in your genre, and reach out to the bloggers to see if they’d be interested in reviewing your book. Also, volunteering your time on a few Podcasts is another great way to spread the word about you as a writer as well as your books.
- Websites and forums. There are many websites and forums dedicated to self-published authors. These websites can be a great place to connect with other authors, share your book, and get feedback from readers. Some of these could include Independent Self Publishing Organization, Local Writers Organizations and even your local newspaper may be willing to write up an article.
In addition to these popular places, there are many other ways to share your self-published book and increase your sales. The most important thing is to be creative and find ways to reach your target audience. With a little effort, you can get your book in front of the right people and start selling more copies.
Here are some additional tips for sharing your self-published book
Make sure your book is well-written and edited. A well-written book is more likely to get noticed and reviewed by readers.
Create a professional book cover. A great book cover can help draw attention to your book and make it more likely to be purchased.
Write a compelling book description. Your book description is the first thing potential readers will see, so make sure it’s clear, concise, and attention-grabbing.
Promote your book on social media. Share your book on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms. You can also run contests and giveaways to generate excitement for your book.
Get involved in the book community. Attend book signings, join book clubs, and connect with other authors on social media. The more involved you are in the book community, the more likely you are to reach potential readers.
With a little effort, you can share your self-published book and increase your sales. Just remember to be creative, reach out to your target audience, and promote your book on social media.
Check out our Own Podcast – We are Inviting You to Participate
Fill Out Podcast Application and I will email you a Zoom Link Later
Places to Listen or View the Podcast
Our online magazine “Webs and Blogs for Writers” is always open to writing articles about authors and writing business service providers. We recently participating in our very first Online Book Tour with the Silver Dagger Book Tour Company – CLICK HERE to read that post. There is a Contact Form on the site to ask questions but the best place to visit is the SUBMISSION Requirements page.